What a wonderful week! First, I’m nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, and then when I share my fondest memories, as requested for the award, Jenness Johnston http://jennessjohnston78.wordpress.com/ nominates me for the Beautiful Blogger Award! Jenness, your appreciation of my sharing these real things in my life means so much to me.
I am grateful to all of you for acknowledging my attempt to amend my past through my writing. I have been praying for those dark days to leave my life for good. And all of you great bloggers and readers out there lighten my spirit with your kind words and forgiving hearts. This is only confirmation that I’m on the right track to getting my life back and being an example to all those who are stuck in their life. God bless you all…JJ
For the award, I was asked to give 7 random facts about me. Here they are:
1. I have two plants. One looks a little like a palm tree, and I call it “Cher,” because it has a long, slender stem and a lot of long leaves. The other is short and stopped growing. Of course, that’s “Sonny.” When I talk to them every morning, their leaves respond to the sound of my voice.
2. I recently became a vegetarian. I’m working my way to turning vegan.
3. I also recently found some good friends that I can count on. They gave me the nickname “Cuba.” Yes, probably because my parents are from there, but I don’t really look it. I’m a white boy with blue eyes who grew up speaking Spanish, and I can dance salsa.
4. I enjoy running. It gives me a sense of freedom.
5. In the summer in the late afternoon, I open my bathroom window, turn off the light, turn up the mellow music and take the most relaxing shower ever.
6. After everything that has happened in my life, I have learned to appreciate the simple and humble again.
I can’t think of a seventh, so I’ll just close with this:
To all you amazing and wonderful moms out there, Happy Mother’s Day! You make the world beautiful. JJ
I’ll be back in two weeks with a new blog. You all rock!