He who has the Gold makes the rules!
Once I decided to break bad, I wanted to learn from someone wise, someone who’d been smuggling drugs for a long period of time. My friend and co-worker Pedro was the best candidate. He had discipline and patience and the right connections. He taught me the following golden rules.
Ladies, beware, you may be offended. If you know me, you know that I love and respect women, so offense is not my intention. Consider these rules to be saying you’re too good for the drug business.
“The Golden Rules”
1. Don’t make it a career! No one has ever safely retired from it.
2. Never sell drugs on the street or door to door. You expose yourself to everyone.
3. Never use from your own supply. You won’t be able to think straight.
4. Never do business with a women. Women don’t belong in this arena.
5. Never take cash on the day of the exchange of drugs. Always the next day.
6. Never be desperate to make a drug deal. If something doesn’t smell right, walk away.
I broke most of the rules, and that’s why I got caught!
Excerpted from the forthcoming memoir, The Baggage Handler.